2019 was a great year, wasn’t it? Last year we were able to help so many people in our global communities! From education to dental to housing and other pressing issues, we have been able to keep people safe through meeting basic needs, educating them on their rights, cultivating life skills, and more.
- Educated future doctors, lawyers, dentists, nurses, teachers, civic leaders, mothers and fathers.
- Improved dental health
- Fed and clothed the often forgotten or shunned – those who are elder, with HIV, blind or developmentally disabled
- Helped women learn to read and write their first words
- Built a home for Nuan and her family to stay safe and dry in Thailand.
- Helped give access to life-changing, cost-free surgeries and medical care through The Children of Americas annual medical mission.
- Gave preschoolers good nutrition so that they develop healthy brains and bodies
- Clothed people in need from infants to elderly
- Taught a group of mothers how to cultivate sustainable home gardens and cook nutritional food for their families in Guatemala.
- Sponsored a reproductive health and rights workshop for 40 women and adolescent girls presented by AMACHAJUL Days for Girls Enterprise personnel
- Helped sponsor teachers to teach in a rural village school and bring science education in an area of poverty in Thailand
And despite a global pandemic, 2020 is going to be another good year of coming together and helping each other stay safe, healthy, and taken care of!
So far this year Mundo has and will continue to:
- Sponsor students through their studies, even if it’s geared more towards online learning.
- Provided care packages for the most vulnerable members of our communities consisting of food, water, medical supplies, and educational pamphlets on how to stay safe during a pandemic.
- Helped families clothe and feed their children.
- Facilitated the distribution of life saving food packages to rural villages in lockdown and supply shortages.
NONE OF THIS would have been possible without your time and donations. We cannot thank you enough, donors, because without you Mundo would not be possible. Without your funding and assistance Mundo Exchange would not be able to partner with local organizations to collaborate and bring meaningful and long lasting change and life saving assistance in these communities.
As we continue to move forward through this crazy year of uncertain and stressful days, your past assistance and ongoing donations are the only thing keeping us running. More importantly, your donations are providing the poor with necessary clean water, food, safe housing, and the means to combat health complications that may arise in both Guatemala and Thailand.
Tom & Elisabeth
And many more!
*names of many 2019 and 2020 donors, but there are so many more around the world who have and continue to help!